Computer Systems and Technology
Computer Systems and Technology covers the theory and application of information and communication technologies including hardware, software, systems analysis, networks and programming. This course covers the social, technical and organizational influences of information and technology.
- Affordable price — $65 per course enrollment — and students retain access to the content for life
- An introduction to information technology and computing systems, that covers both the history and theory of information systems as well as the practical application of technologies.
- Detailed overviews of computer software, hardware, and networking technologies, as well as the issues of information security, privacy, and social issues inherent in information technologies.
- In-depth practical application of productivity software, data management, and networked systems design through HTML and CSS.
- Introduction to computer programming, including basic methodologies and their application to programming in Scratch, Java, and Python.
- An examination of the future of information technology, covering data mining, visualization, natural language processing, artificial intelligence, and Blockchain.
- Original video presentations
- Reading sections that provide core information and specific illustrations or applications
- Formative assessments and assignments that reinforce knowledge application and acquisition
- Summative assessments, with proctoring, mapped to learning objectives
- Dynamic study tools, including, glossary, notes, and journal
- A resource toolbox for each lesson to promote ongoing learning and exploration
- Printable versions for each lesson to support study preferences, offline access, and accessibility needs
- Introduction to Computer Systems
- Computer Hardware
- Computer Software
- Data and Databases
- Information and Information Systems
- Computer Networks and the Internet
- Information Systems in Practice
- Productivity Software
- Creating a Website
- Applied Data Management
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Programming: Scratch
- Programming: Java
- Programming: Python
- Learning design consultation to ensure we understand your vision for the ideal teaching solution
- Implementation guides for different instructional models
- Onboarding support for faculty and students
- Online support tools for faculty and students
- Exam proctoring, and other course administration
Access the Course
Want to take a look at a live module for this course?
Simply enter your information and we’ll send you a login.