Introduction to Christianity
Introduction to Christianity provides an overview of the foundations, beliefs, and history of Christianity from the 1st century CE to current times. This course is designed both for Christians and those outside the Christian faith who wish to learn more about this important religious movement in world history.
- Affordable price — $65 per course enrollment — and students retain access to the content for life
- A balanced presentation of Christianity that is appropriate for non-Christians as well as Christians of diverse traditions.
- Detailed overviews of the Old Testament and New Testament, and a strong contextualization of the Bible in the Christian life.
- In-depth presentations of early Christianity and the development of the Church.
- Complete contextualization of the development of Christianity through major periods in Western civilization, including lessons on Historical Context, Theological Overview, and Everyday Christianity
- Original video presentations
- Reading sections that provide core information and specific illustrations or applications
- Formative assessments and assignments that reinforce knowledge application and acquisition
- Summative assessments, with proctoring, mapped to learning objectives
- Dynamic study tools, including, glossary, notes, and journal
- A resource toolbox for each lesson to promote ongoing learning and exploration
- Printable versions for each lesson to support study preferences, offline access, and accessibility needs
Abridged Table of Contents
- Christianity and The Bible
- The Old Testament
- The New Testament
- Basic Christianity
- Early Christians: Philosophical Struggles and Heresies
- The Apostolic Age and Early Christianity
- Christianity in The Middle Ages and Renaissance
- Christian Reformation and Counter Reformation
- Christianity and the Enlightenment
- The Evolution and Expansion of Christianity in the 19th Century
- Christianity After 1900
- Christian Doctrine
- Christianity Today
- Learning design consultation to ensure we understand your vision for the ideal teaching solution
- Implementation guides for different instructional models
- Onboarding support for faculty and students
- Online support tools for faculty and students
- Exam proctoring, and other course administration
Access the Course
Want to take a look at a live module for this course?
Simply enter your information and we’ll send you a login.